WOMADELAIDE went out live via the net
What you would have needed
- C-U-See-Me, video conferencing as shareware.
- Homer, the finest inter-relay-chat client there is.
- C-U-See-Me also runs on a windows platform. Tune in.
- WSIRC is a windows IRC client according to Ian Wheaton who was kind enough to mail us with the url for it. Thanks Ian.
- MBone - I've seen it running in colour and as we've managed to borrow a sun spark 5 (Thanks Camtech) we'll be broadcasting in full 24 bit colour.
C-U-SeeMe reflector details follow
WOMADelaide went out live to the net for 3 days. Over 60,000 people had the chance to see somethiing they'd only ever imagined was possible. Today this sort of stuff in more commonplace but back in Feburary 1995 cu-seeme was very new.
Cheers and thanks for attending virtually.
Oh yeah, check out the weather here today. Ouch!!
What happened on saturday?
Well now It's early Sunday morning. We've been at it all night again, fiddling with our toys and collating all of the stuff that the squillions of people here have loaded onto these machines. TV are here now so gotta run... cheers and enjoy day 3 of womad.
So what happened on Friday?
It's half past three am Saturday 25th of February and we're all a bit knackered. Jesse, Heather, Francesca, and Karl are sitting here inside this awsome park and debating putting the images of today onto an FTP site.
The photo gallery
Day 1, Day 2, or Day 3
[artists: by region, by name or by performance times]
[prices & booking] -
[On Site Net Events] -
[travel and accomodation]
site produced by virtual artists pty ltd
running on a very big machine at camtech sa pty ltd